Tuesday, August 24, 2010

08.24.2010

Dream time!

I had a dream last night that my stepmom had died. I don't remember the cause, but I remember it was gruesome, her body had been mangled so it was a closed casket service.
And I remember being at the funeral, kneeling beside the casket and crying out: "God, revive her! Creator, wake her up! I believe you can raise the dead, God, you created her and you can return her to who she was, wake her up, God!"
And as I was crying out, God said, "She can't get out if you don't open the casket." So I opened the casket and she was there, waiting for me to let her out, made completely whole and totally healed.

That's all I remember, but what we should take from it is this:
We can pray all day for the spiritually dead in our lives, but if we don't take the time to give them the doorway into life, nothing will change.
We can pray for the homeless and the hungry to have shelter and food, but if we don't give up some of our food or room in our houses which God has provided us to share with them, it's meaningless.
We can pray for our friends and family to come to know Christ, but if we don't introduce Him to them, if we don't show them who Christ is through our actions, they will never care enough to get to know Him themselves.

We are the body of Christ, and we are called to be His hands and feet.

Someone mentioned to me once the story of when Jesus fed the 5000 with just one boy's lunch, and how once Christ had blessed it and handed it to His disciples, they could have said "this is barely enough for us, we should eat first and they can fend for themselves." But they didn't. Because they shared their small meal with the hungry, thousands of people were satisfied.

Don't get me wrong, praying is powerful. God can move in huge ways through just prayer. But a lot of times we are called and enabled to go out and do His work that we or someone else is praying for.

I believe we are at the spearhead of a huge revival. One that will never stop, my friend had a vision that this revival has no set beginning, and will never have an end. More than ever I've seen kids who no longer care about what everyone thinks about them, as long as they're bringing heaven to earth.

It's time to step up, and step in to destiny.

1 comment: