Monday, April 4, 2011

My friend Justin and I dabbled in making a poetry album last fall (in the style of Bradley Hathaway or Levi the Poet). This is the only poem I finished writing and never got to record.

Your face may or may not be a mystery to me,
But someday, maybe someday soon will be the day that I see it truly
And suddenly there will be only you and me and there will be joy. Unspeakable joy.
I thank God for the days we will share.
And someday the nights, too, but not until the two become one flesh.
I will mount my trusty steed and the breastplate of righteousness will gleam in the sun
As I step up to be your knight.
Not that you need saving, the King already took care of that.
He's just appointed me to be your protector.
I will ask the King for His daughter's hand, the hand of the princess,
After all, you'll love Him far more than me anyway.
And if He says, "Wait", wait I shall.
For there is no amount of hardships that could ever outweigh
the glory of the promises that we will make, and the covenant that we will keep.
Before God and man, there will be rejoicing.
We will rejoice in each other and in our King, our intertwined fingers adorned with rings.

1 comment: