Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm ecstatic, and my thoughts are uncontrollably sporadic, but they're all centered around one center: Joy. In plush, ripe tones, joy is rushing through my bones.
Bradley Hathaway - "On Being Joyful And Content."

Beloved, our God is exceedingly good. Infinitely better than anything we deserve. Exponentially more powerful and also more kind than we could ever imagine.
My day today consisted almost entirely of fantastic fellowship. From waking up to Trent and Laurin and they're awesomeness, to church with them at Glad Tidings, to the Open Bible parking lot picnic, to getting baptized again, to sitting at McDonalds for 3 hours, to sitting on a trampoline for almost 2 hours with 3 of my very best friends. And I can honestly say that in all of those things it was us and Him. And that's my favorite.
I forgot where I was going with this blog. I guess I just wanted to encourage you and remind you that our God is good, and faithful.

Update on my last blog: I can't say that I'm at 100% yet, but I'm in pursuit. And so is He. And I've noticed that as I truly seek God's face more, I think my dad is starting to understand that. Something Damien Rice spoke about kind of comes to mind, saying that when our prayer lives become a more focused part of our life, you'll see that the rent gets paid, the kids start acting better, you'll have food on your table, life in general just starts to improve. And I don't mean to say that life seeking God's face is just happy go lucky all the time and we don't have anything to worry about. It's kind of a twofold explanation. 1) As we seek God's heart and pursue a relationship with our Creator, He can guide us more easily to where He wants us, and if you follow your calling, He will provide for you. And 2) I believe that as we really press in and grow closer to God, He helps provide so we don't have to worry about how we're going to make it, so we can focus on Him. I feel like I worded that poorly, but I'm about to crash. So I guess if you need it cleared up let me know and I'll do it when I'm awake.

But I'm gonna wrap this up. Good night, beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment